Summer Employment Opportunity: We are looking to fill a few positions:
Summer Camp Horse Riding Counselors: (18 yr. & up)
Camp Riding Counselors must have extensive knowledge of horse care, riding/safety and be able to communicate effectively to campers. Applicants should also be comfortable teaching riding lessons from beginner through intermediate/advance students.
Summer Camp Counselors: (18 yr. & up)
No horseback riding experience necessary but must be comfortable being around horses & outdoors.
Applicants must have First Aid, CPR, and certifications prior to starting.
- During camps room/board available if needed, most of our positions will require to be with the kids for overnight camps.
- Our programs do not run all summer so it's great part-time job for those who need more time off in summer!
- Required to work all summer program. June, and July 1 week overnight. Along with regular lesson program.
- Training will be required. (May-June) if applicant lives out of area let camp director know so we can schedule you. This training is on your own time, this is part of the interview process.
- Dates required: Days: June 2 weeks (3-4 days per week) Early am till 1-2 PM, Few evenings Overnights: July Sunday Afternoon to Friday 1 PM (date announced soon)
- Additional dates in summer may be asked for observing or training/other programs
Horse Instructor/Wrangler Opportunity:
If Applying for Wrangler/Horse Instructor Position: Applicants are expected to be competent riders and to have some experience caring for horses. Horse instructor position will be asked (pending on previous experience) to volunteer at our ranch, prior to being hired as part of the interview process. Wranglers must be great with kids and have patience.
For the Wrangler Counselor position, we do have a Student Work Program or CIT (Counselor In Training). We hire Wranglers first from those that are either in our lesson program or have volunteered certain # of hours here at our ranch. The opportunity to work with kids and horses in a counselor/riding instructor capacity is reserved for our consistent volunteers and or those who are in our lesson program. This gives you the opportunity to get acquainted with our ranch/horses and gives us the opportunity to train you. Please let us know if you’re interested helping out throughout the year.