Teen, Youth Training, Internship, JC Program
Teen Horsemanship Internship Program
Build your resume with real life experiences.
- Gain experience working with horses and grow your horsemanship skills.
- Training program in youth leadership
- Earn community service hours for graduation or college application.
- Help make a difference in the lives of children.
Internship Training in summer for female teens who are 15 years of age and up are invited to come and participate in a program designed to teach leadership skills, build teamwork, and give opportunities for skill development and personal growth.
Will I get hired the following year?
It is our hope to hire Intern's for the next summer (must be 18 years of age). It depends on how well you do in the program, how well you interact with students and other staff, and what area(s) of ranch that you have demonstrated skill. Horse Wranglers, horse assistants and overnight counselors must be 18 years old at the start of the summer. The more skills and interests' applicants have, the more likely they are to be hired. It also depends to some extent on how many returning interns are interested.
Some of what is included: Lodging, food, (optional) one private lesson, field trips etc. Contact us for more details about program and cost.
Junior Counselor Program
More time with horses!
- Improve your horsemanship skills, learn how to care for horses!
- Students in Junior or High School can earn their volunteer requirements.
Junior Counselor Some of the Requirements: Students who are committed to horses and the program.
- Students must be at least 10 years of age.
- Students must take consistent lessons & Volunteer for at least 6 months before we will consider them for the program. (3 Lessons/month) Contact us for more details.
It is our goal to teach younger students about the importance of responsibility, in a simulation of a real-life work experience.
Riding Internship Program
Riding Internship Program For female (ages 18 yr & up) that want to grow in their horsemanship or want to learn how to ride.
This opportunity to receive discounts for lessons/riding to those that qualify. This position is great for someone who wants to enhance their skills with horses and is unable to afford the cost of riding/leasing a horse. Must be dedicated and hard working.
- Lessons required prior to receiving discount: Number of lessons is based off experience & training needed.
- Must volunteer a number of hours prior to receiving discount. (Hours vary with each student)
Ride Adult Internship Program (non-paid position)
Benefits: Training and credits earned toward lessons or practice ride times.
Contact us for more information.
Some of the Benefits of Volunteering at M&M Ranch:
Grow in knowledge of horses, training & teaching horsemanship
Training program in youth leadership, help make a difference in the lives of children
Earn community service hours for graduation or college applications
Successful Junior Counselors gain first priority at being hired at M&M Ranch if position available.
References for your future, great for your College Application
Fun, friends, and experiences that last a lifetime